Here’s my breakdown of all 157 Yugioh archetype for the coming format.
… of course, I need to give a few provisos, conditions, and caveats. What pundit doesn’t?
The meta will likely change dramatically as new products are released. I have tried to include those changes in this list. For example, Bujins, Chronomaly, Heraldics, and Ghostricks will be substantially stronger. Geargias are also getting new support though its not clear when Auger will get released.
With that said, here are a few observations about this list:
- Diversity now! This meta will have many strong decks but not a single dominating deck. It’s a risky prediction because all of the formats are generally dominated by one deck. Nevertheless, I do not see us experiencing a Dragon’s 2.0
- Down the drain. Decks that can play Skill Drain get a bit of a boost. This format will be a battle of the effect monsters and Skill Drain is going to hurt. As a result, Malefics and TGs get a boost.
- Gentlemen, have your Trap Stuns ready. This will be a trap heavy format. Several of the decks rely on a substantial backrow. Madolche, Bujins, and Geargias all fall in this category
- Yugi glory is under the sea. Once again, Mermails are poised to be a very strong deck. They have not suffered at all from the F&L list. They are still underplayed but I suspect a lot of Dragon Droolers will make their way back to this deck.
- Creature Swap is a card. I’ve made the point before that Creature Swap is a very strong card this format. It doesn’t target and doesn’t destroy. Float like a butterfly and swap like a bee.
I hope you find this list helpful as you prepare for more Yugioh!